Wednesday, 24 September 2014

Back to the Basics: Skincare

So autumn's here now, and literally the day it got slightly colder, my skin started acting up. Perks of having sensitive skin huh *sarcasm*. Because of that I had to strip down to the very basics of skincare. No more fancy toners, exfoliators or serums for me. All that's left is my skincare basics. Alternatively this could also be a products recommendation for people with eczema.





The Aqueous cream is a body cream that I have used since I was a baby. I had really bad eczema as a child and that was the cream that was recommended by my doctor. It was the most basic of basics yet still moisturizes my skin pretty well. I would recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin. Another great thing about this is that you can buy this product from pretty much any drugstore. They might have different variations of brands of aqueous cream, but it's essentially or the same (in my experience).


Another body care item, or actually multipurpose item, is the Cetaphil. I've heard people saying that this is the best skin wash for sensitive skin. And I have to agree. It's quite thick for a body wash, and feels very moisturizing on my skin. It never irritates it and I have never had any problems with it. I also like to use this for a face wash especially during the colder months, since it's so moisturizing.


A more expensive item, is the Bioderma Atoderm (I think it's french) Cream. If I could only use one facial product, it would have to be a moisturizer. I can live without all the serums and eye creams but a facial moisturizer is a definite staple. This Bioderma cream is just a standard face cream. It's not scented, moisturizing without being too thick, and very soothing. During the warmer months, it's a bit too thick for me, but I still managed to use this every night as a night-time moisturizer. I do think it's a bit overpriced for what it is, but this tub has lasted me around two years so I definitely think you do get your money's worth in the end. And as you can see, I've almost used this whole thing up.


The last item, which may not be an essential to some people, but it definitely is for me -- lip balm. The one I choose is the Body Shop's Aloe lip care. I have been searching this for ages, ever since Essiebutton said it was her all time favourite lip balm. But it's always sold out at the counters in Hong Kong. In the end, I found this little gem all the way in Australia. So anyways, this is a veryyy moisturizing lip balm. It might be a bit too thick for the summer but it's great for the colder months. It really helped to save my lips and prevent it from chapping too badly. When you put it on, you can actually feel it on your lips for the rest of the day. Not in a bad way, but just that you know you lips are nice and moisturized.

So here they are, my skin care basics. Hope you enjoyed it!






No comments:

Post a Comment