Tuesday, 30 September 2014

Korres Lip Butters


I bought my first Korres lip butter in Melbourne, Australia over the summer and have been obsessing over it ever since. Lucky for me, when I visited Singapore a little while later they happened to have Korres stores and even luckier, they were having a sale! The lip butters were doing a 3 for 2 or something amazing like that. So that's the story of how I ended up with four of these babies (I swear I'm not usually this cray).





Here I am, sporting a freshly applied Quince
The Korres lip butters are the first truly buttery lip butters that live up to that name. When you first dip your finger into the tub, it almost sinks in. It's very, very soft, and very, very smooth (how many more times can I say very?). Very. It's quite hydrating, and goes on to the lips very smoothly, giving the lips a nice sheen.

They also smell soooo good! Even as I'm typing up this blog post, I can smell the lip butters from the swatches on my arm and dangg do they smell amazing. Each of them have their own scent that correlates to their colors/names. 'Mango' smells like sweet tropical mangoes, obviously. 'Pomegranate' smells of a light berry. 'Quince', the sweetest smelling of the bunch, has an almost strawberry candy scent. And my favorite for the fall -- 'Jasmine', smells exactly like butter cookies! The one thing they all have in common is how fresh they smell. Every time I open them up, it's like I just sliced into a sweet tropical fruit. I don't usually go so in depth into scents but for me, scent is a major part of why I love these so much, so yes it deserves it's own analysis.

If you're looking for color, then I wouldn't recommend these. They all swatch very lightly, and even though they look very pigmented in the tub, they are anything but when applied. That being said, it does give you a light wash of color that I think slightly deepens after you first apply it. Honestly though, 'pomegranate' and 'quince' kind of look alike, and if it weren't for their amazing smell, I wouldn't have bought both of them. Also, I'd like to say that 'Jasmine' is not clear, but actually gives the lips a pinky nude wash of color. The clear shade would be 'Guava', which I do not own but that's what the lady from the store told me.

It' a shame they don't sell Korres in Hong Kong, but you can buy them off a few sites that provide free international shipping (a more in depth post about these sites will be coming up soon so stay tuned).

Sidenote: I was actually hoping to get the 'plum' shade as well, but sadly, it's been discontinued.

No comments:

Post a Comment